Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bookmarks!

How is it that I, one who always has a book or 2 that I'm reading, do not have a bookmark.  I usually use the library due slip.  It helps me know how long I still have.  Well, I still needed a bookmark and found this tutorial.  Perfect!  

I was in charge of the crafts at our family reunion this summer and prepped a bunch of bookmarks for the kids.  Unfortunately, there was a lack in kids and I was left with a ton of circles and squares that needed some love so I put them all together and this is what I got.
The tutorial puts teeth on the bookmarks which is so cute because it looks like the monster is eating the book, but I was pressed for time and decided they were still cute without the teeth.



I also made a triangle bookmark that I didn't take a picture of.  I really like the ideas the tutorial gives on the triangle ones, but I think I like the squares better.

One last thing, when I made these, I actually measured and cut out a square one and a triangle one on thicker card stock and didn't fold them.  Now I just use those as templates to trace when I want to make one.  That way I don't have to measure every time.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I'm exactly like you- I use my library due slip for a bookmark, but I love these ones and now have a new project on the way... thanks! P.S. I love that you have a separate craft blog :)

    ReplyDelete