Friday, July 29, 2011

Embroideries for the wall

A couple years ago, I took up embroidery.  It was so easy to learn as long as you knew how to thread a needle, which I did.  So I was at Gardner Village during one of my trips to UT and they have a shop that sells embroidery patterns.  So I grabbed one and got to work.  

This pattern was a birthday gift from my mother-in-law.

And this one I actually stole from my mom.  It's really the first one I ever did.  I made it for a birthday present for my mother-in-law.  It was so fun to do because it gives you the chance to personalize it leaving room for lots of creativity.
Since then, I haven't done a whole lot by way of embroidery only because my projects have been a bit bigger and more time consuming.  I just finish a Nativity scene including everyone but the angel and camels.  I've been working on it for 2 1/2 years.  I'm really excited though because every year I would tell myself that I'll finish it by that year's Christmas and this year will be the year that is true.  Can't wait to get it framed so I can enjoy my hard work!

I have a whole drawer full of patterns my sister sent me that I can now get to...

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new found embroidery lover... so we should keep the tradition going of send your sister embroidery patterns. You want to pass them on? ha, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete