Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crochet

A couple years ago I was at the library in the non-fiction section (kind of a fun section, I finally learned) and came across a book on How to Crochet.  I decided it was time I learned so I checked it out and stopped by the craft store to pick up the basic supplies, yarn and a hook.  It was amazingly easy once I got the hang of the pictures and the first project the listed was a scarf.  Here it is!


This scarf is the first and last usable thing I've crocheted.  The book was due and I returned it but REALLY liked it so a while later I went back to get it.  Unfortunately, I forgot the name of it and the library had moved locations and I wonder if they also went through the books and revamped the selection because I cannot find that book anywhere for the life of me!  I wish I could because they had a cute hat that matches the scarf.  Anyway, I'm rambling.  I really enjoyed crocheting but I think it's something I'm going to need to pick up a little later in life when I have a lot more time to focus on learning it without having to consult the book every couple of minutes.  Until then, I will enjoy my scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment