Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy birthday onesie

My daughter's bday is coming up and I wanted to make her something she could wear on her birthday so that everyone would know it's a special day.

I took a onesie we already had and cut the shape of a cupcake liner out of fabric.  I zigzag stitched that on the shirt.  Then I took some ribbon and using matching thread and a needle, I gathered it so it had a twisty, ruffled look.  Then I stitched that onto the shirt using a needle and thread.  Then I grabbed another ribbon and zigzagged that on to look like a candle.  I had a jewel that can be stitched on so I hand stitched that on for the flame.  I think it turned out really cute.




(This shirt is not meant to last through wear and tear.  It is to be worn once and then saved, otherwise I would've done a much more durable stitch on the ribbon or maybe even made the whole thing an applique.)

No comments:

Post a Comment