Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hair bow holder tutorial

Having a baby girl brings on a whole new meaning to the word accessorize. I mean, I never realized how much more we women have to own in order to look good. Because the pile of hair bows on my dresser was starting to get to me, I decided to jump on the band wagon and make a bow holder. It was super easy and pretty cheap.

Sorry for lack of pictures. Hopefully I don't confuse you too much. I think it's pretty self-explanatory if you look at the finished project but that's just me.

Supplies:
-Frame (I used an 8x10 because I had one but I recommend an 11x14 if you go buy one)
-Spray paint
-Ribbon
-Cute Paper
-Hot glue and glue gun
-Scissors
-Pencil

1: Remove backing and glass from frame and spray paint your frame. Let dry.

2: Take your back and trace onto paper. Fit paper into frame and trim if needed. I had to trim mine only a tiny bit.

3: Decide how you want your ribbon to run- vertical or horizontal. Mine is vertical. Measure ribbon by running it from top to bottom of the inside of the frame and cut all your strips. Your ribbon should be at least 1/4 inch longer than the opening in the frame. The number of strips you cut will depend on how close you want your columns/rows of ribbon. Mine are about 1/2 inch apart and I thought 4 columns looked about right. I just eyeballed it though.

4: Turn frame right side down and place your ribbon where you want them to go. Then mark on the frame where each end of the ribbon is so you know where to place the glue.

5: Glue the ribbon on where the markings are. You want your ribbon to be glued to the part of the frame where your paper in going to sit so your paper can then go in as the background. Glue each end of the ribbon on pulling it across the opening of the frame.

6: Place paper in frame and put backing in place.

You are finished! Now go put those bows away because they have a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment