Monday, August 22, 2011

Cookie Recipe #2- Lemon Drops

Well, I tried out my second cookie hoping that it would be a success and make it onto the party menu and it DID!

They are called Lemon Drops for the very obvious reason that they have lemon drops in them.  The hub was nervous about them but ended up loving them.  He summed them up perfectly calling them lemon-flavored sugar cookies. 

I found the recipe on Your Homebased Mom.  Her glaze looks a little thicker than mine.  My lemon had a lot of juice I guess.  But that will be my only tweek when the party rolls around. 

As a sidenote, making these cookies fell at a very convenient time when our friends throw an Annual Cookie Contest.  They judge your cookies and present winners with a prize.  I took these since I didn't like the idea of eating them all on my own.  Anyway, the judge is not a lemon fan but award these with an Honorable Mention!  I'd say that says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment