Friday, August 19, 2011

Baby, look at those legs!

 Just finished another pair of baby legs!  These things are so nice to put on "sissy Q" now that she's moving around and it's getting a little cooler.  I know, it's still summer but we live in Minnesota so you have to take it while it's here.

Anyway, in the past, I have made my baby legs using a very simple method of cutting off the feet to knee high socks, folding the cut edge under to make a hem and whip stitching it.  Doesn't take long, but I kept seeing them with the cuff and I knew there was a way to do it if I could just find it.  I hate to admit this, but this whole time, I never googled it...

Until tonight.  I found a pair of cute socks in my pile of procrastinated projects, of course I had forgotten all about them.  I had seen another really cute way to hem the socks and thought I'd try that this time around.  I just couldn't remember where I saw the tutorial, so I googled it and lo and behold, not only did I find the one I was looking for but 3 more that show you how to put cuffs on.  So I ditched the original plan and made them with cuffs.

Some below are all the tutorials I've used to make this cute accessory.



------------------------------------------------------
Ruffled edge- this is the method I ditched tonight but still want to make.  Consequently, I have no pictures.
------------------------------------------------------


Attaching a cuff- I actually followed 2 pages for this

No comments:

Post a Comment